Invisalign for Teens: The Pros and Cons
With Utah Orthodontic Care, Wasatch Front residents have been able to afford braces for more than 35 years. We offer braces for teens as well as Invisalign for teens at an affordable price. The goal of our practice is to provide adolescents with high-quality, affordable orthodontic treatment.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system might be the perfect alternative to metal braces for teens. When worn, Invisalign’s clear, removable aligners are virtually invisible. The aligners are also made of BPA-free material, so they are safe to wear.
Your teenager’s teeth and gums are scanned first with the iTero scanner. Your child’s mouth is then modeled in 3D and a treatment plan is created. After the treatment plan is finalized, your teenager will receive a series of custom-made aligners.
Aligners should be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day, and they should be replaced every two weeks. Gradually, your teenager’s teeth will shift into their proper positions as they wear the aligners.
A typical Invisalign treatment lasts between 12 and 18 months, depending on your child’s dental issue.
Pros of Invisalign
Invisalign, also known as invisible braces, offers several outstanding benefits:
- The aligners can be removed for eating and cleaning your teen’s teeth, making Invisalign more convenient.
- Your teen won’t have to worry about food getting stuck in their braces because the aligners are removable.
- Custom-made aligners mean fewer office visits with Invisalign.
- With Invisalign, wearers don’t have to change their diet because they can remove the aligners to eat.
- The clear and virtually invisible nature of Invisalign can improve your teen’s appearance.
- Since there are no wires or brackets to rub against your gums, Invisalign is more comfortable than traditional braces.
- Adolescents can use Invisalign without feeling embarrassed about wearing braces.
- Dental issues such as overcrowding, gaps between teeth, and overbites can be corrected with Invisalign.
Cons of Invisalign
If parents want to straighten their child’s teeth without metal brackets and wires, Invisalign clear aligners are a great option. However, there are some disadvantages to consider.
- Invisalign is less effective for complex dental issues. Traditional braces may be better if your child needs more than minor corrections.
- It is necessary to comply. For best results, your teen needs to wear their aligners for at least 22 hours a day, so if you don’t wear them diligently, you won’t see results.
- The aligners need to be removed when eating or drinking anything other than water, so your child must be comfortable taking them in and out.
The Invisalign system is a great option for people who want to straighten their teeth without wearing metal braces. As a result, many parents and teens consider Invisalign more beneficial than disadvantageous.
Schedule a Free Appointment Today
We are a dental practice with experienced professionals. A teen’s experience with Utah Orthodontic Care is unique and caring. Call (801) 999-4431 to schedule an appointment or request an appointment by completing this form on our website. Our office is dedicated to providing you with excellent service. We will work with you to create a beautiful UOCsmile that will last a lifetime.