How To Choose An Orthodontist and Dentist
Dental Hygiene Starts With You, But It Doesn’t End There!
When it comes to caring for your smile, you know how important it is to brush, floss, and wear your retainer, but you also need experts to help your smile last a lifetime. That’s why it’s so important to have a regular orthodontist and dentist that you know and trust. Keep reading to learn some important questions to ask when choosing an orthodontist and dentist
Choosing Your Orthodontist & Dentist
When you’re looking for someone to care for your teeth and gums, you want excellent care and amazing results at a price that fits your budget. All of these things are equally important when it comes to choosing your orthodontist and dentist, whether you opt for braces, Invisalign, or another treatment. Here are some steps to take when looking for the right specialist:
- Search for specialists in your area, and ask friends & family for recommendations
- View websites and read patients reviews
- Research the background and education of your potential specialists
- Verify whether or not they are board certified specialists
- Verify if they are members of organizations such as the American Association of Orthodontists or the American Dental Association
- Schedule a consultation to meet with the orthodontist and dentist
- Discuss recommended treatments & treatment options
- Review costs and discuss insurance coverage & payment options
Qualities To Look For
Outside of doing your research, having an initial consultation with your prospective orthodontist and dentist will give you a good idea of the practice and whether or not it’s a good fit. Here are some questions to ask to help you make a well-informed decision:
- Did he or she graduate from an accredited Dental School?
- Did he or she complete an Orthodontic Residency Program?
- Does the specialist listen well and take the time to fully address your questions and concerns?
- Is the office environment clean and up-to-date?
- Is the staff friendly and helpful?
- Does the specialist provide you with dental hygiene tips and instructions on how to care for your smile at home?
- Does the practice utilize advanced digital technologies?
- Are the professionals receiving ongoing education and updated training to make sure they are up-to-date with the advances in their field?
- Do you feel comfortable trusting this specialist with your smile?
Contact Your Trusted Salt Lake City Orthodontic Providers!
Here at Utah Orthodontic Care, we are committed to being the leading orthodontic provider serving the Salt Lake City area. That’s why we proudly specialize in a variety of top-quality treatments for patients of all ages. Whether you need braces, Invisalign, or another of our treatments, you can always trust us to provide the expert care you deserve. And with nine office locations throughout the Greater Utah area, achieving your dream smile is easier than ever. Contact us today with any questions, or book a free consultation to get started toward your healthiest, most beautiful smile. We can’t wait to see you soon!