Before and After Ceramic Braces
Pros and Cons of Ceramic Braces
When considering braces, you must understand all the types of braces, from metal braces to ceramic braces to clear aligners, such as Invisalign. Many people choose ceramic braces because they’re more discreet than traditional braces because they use clear brackets, as opposed to metal brackets and wires. While ceramic braces are less visible, there are some negatives to consider.
- Ceramic braces are more discreet than metal braces.
- They will straighten your teeth faster than clear aligners.
- Unlike Invisalign, ceramic braces can fix more severe cases of misalignment.
- You can choose the color of your brackets and wires.
- Ceramic braces will cost about $1,000 to $2,000 more than metal braces.
- Ceramic braces are more likely than metal braces to break off the tooth.
- Because ceramic brackets are larger than their metal counterparts, they can be harder to clean.
Are You Ready For Braces?
Life with braces will cause changes to your daily routine. You will need some time to adjust to the feeling of braces. At first, they may be slightly uncomfortable, however pain generally subsides within a few days of tightening. You will also need to learn how to maintain and clean your braces, which could include avoiding sugary foods and increasing how often you brush your teeth. At Utah Orthodontic Care, we believe these minor changes will be worth the proud smile and improved confidence you’ll have down the road.
Are Ceramic Braces Right For You?
- Because ceramic braces are slightly more delicate than metal, they are better suited for those with all of their adult teeth.
- If you want your braces to be less noticeable, ceramic braces are a great option.
- Discuss your budget with your orthodontist to see if ceramic braces could be a better option than Invisalign.
Schedule A Free Consultation!
With offices across Utah, including West Jordan, Orem, Sugarhouse, and more, your comfort is our priority. For more than 35 years, our offices have made braces affordables to those in the Salt Lake City community. We offer orthodontic payment plans and free consultations, so you can ask whatever you want to know as you begin your journey to a confident smile. Schedule your free consultation online, or call or text us at (801) 999-4431.